Crimson Flower Needs You!
Here’s list of the volunteers we currently need:
- Translator — We need Japanese to English Translators to work on one-shots and new series. Translators must be comfortable with works that do not have furigana. The minimum commitment is one chapter or oneshot per month (30 – 60-pages). Translators will also help QC other translator’s translations. Applicants will be tested after application email is received. Please note we only translate Japanese comics. Please do not apply as a Chinese to English translator.
- Typesetters — Experience is preferred, but it you have a natural knack for it, we’ll gladly take you. Patience is a must. There are lots of typesetting dry spells. Typesetters do not have to do any image editing or redrawing. You will only work with text and sound effects. You must have Photoshop C2 or better (If you don’t have Photoshop, Adobe offers a free version of Photoshop CS2, which is good enough to work on our projects! Link). If you are experienced, please be prepared to show examples of your past work. The minimum commitment is one chapter or oneshot per month (30 – 60-pages). Typesetters will be provided with a standard set of fonts for CF projects.
- Translation QC — Advanced level Japanese is preferred. I need folks to check the translations to make sure they are accurate. The commitment is 2 chapters per month (60 – 90 pages). Translation is not required, we are only seeking QC. Translation QC applicants will be tested after application email is received.
- Proofreaders/ QC — Must be proficient in English and have strong knowledge of grammar and spelling. Applicants will be screened first by their applications e-mails. If the application e-mail is acceptable, then applicants will be given an editing and proofreading test. The minimum commitment is two chapters or oneshots per month.
- Cleaners — While no prior scanlation experience is needed, I would prefer cleaners with past fan translation experience and basic redrawing and cloning skills (don’t worry about the major redraws, we have experts for those.) Cleaners with no experience should Google search manga cleaning and learn the Photoshop basics required for cleaning. Cleaners DO NOT rotate, crop, level, filter, denoise, or dust pages in this group. All that is required is text removal, simple cloning, and simple redrawing.
- Redraw Artist/Image Editors — I need a couple of experienced redraw artists to work on one-shots and series. Although advanced level is preferred, we will accept applicants who can help with simple clone stamping and line redraws. Applicants will be tested after their application email is received. In your application e-mail, please describe your capabilities. The minimum commitment is 10 pages per month.
If you are interested in volunteering for Crimson Flower, please send me an e-mail to Kuroneko003 (me) via the “Contact” link at the very bottom of this blog (click the little envelop icon) or to crimsonflowerscans (at) gmail (dot) com.
If you don’t have Photoshop, Adobe offers a free version of Photoshop CS2, which is good enough to work on our projects! Link