Before we get to the nitty-gritty of releasing this chapter, there are a few things that I feel I need to say.
- We are not dropping “Akagami no Shirayukihime”. The past 3 chapters have been quite good and I personally want to go forward.
- If a group capable of maintaining the image quality and translation quality and the time dedication approaches us about taking over the series, we will gladly transfer the series so we can work on other things.
- I will make a greater effort to refrain from knee-jerk reactions in the future.
- The image quality for chapter 29 and 30 turned out far better than expected, so I don’t feel the need to do re-releases when the tankoubon comes out. I’d rather spend an extra day now than spend 3 or 4 days re-doing it.
My honest thoughts on the Mangafox issue:
- People need to be appreciative of Snoze’s efforts. It was her first scanlation and just getting up the nerve to do that was amazingly brave.
- Despite Snoze’s effort, after more than casual review of the release, we at Omari’s Sister felt that we had something different to offer, so we are releasing our own version of chapter 29 and we will not be transferring the series on a formal basis to Snoze.
- There are drastic differences between the two releases. I ask you to appreciate both efforts on the chapter. It takes time, effort, and guts on both our parts to do scanlation.
- Neither Snoze or OS offer an official translation of AnS. We will make mistakes. OS does its best to QC our own work, but we are not paid professionals nor are we native Japanese speakers. Please, if you want an official translation, write to your local manga publishers and ask them to license this series.
Okay…now onto to actually talking about the chapter🙂. This is a lovely chapter! We are finally getting a lot development with respect to Zen and Shirayuki’s relationship and Izana’s feelings toward it. I feel like the story is coming to an end, though, I know it doesn’t end at volume 7, so I imagine this means we have at least 3 or 4 more chapters left…though, you never can be sure. This series might drag on until it dies cruelly. Let’s hope not. One more volume would be perfect in my opinion.
Onto the link!
Link to Akagami no Shirayukihime Chapter 29: (PDF) optimal viewing zoom is 65%
Next up will be AnS Chapter 30. We hope to have it done by Tuesday the 10th.