2016 will build on top of the changes at Crimson Flower that we started a couple of years ago, mainly less emphasis on never-ending shoujo if we can help it, and more emphasis on short series and oneshots. Here are the details:
- We will switch to the format of odd months are series focused and even months are oneshot focused since February, June, October, and December are typically our big oneshot party months. So I felt I might as well throw in April and August. This will work nicely since the two “Kanojo ni Naru Hi” series and “Sabaku no Harem” are bi-monthly. Our monthly series, will remain monthly. This includes “Hana ni, Kamitsuku” and “Koori no Joou”. After chapter 3, will do Seishun Away (Seiten Kickoff) from the tankoubon since the quality from Hana to Yume is unusable.
- We will do 2 0r 3 one-volume series when our regular series go on hiatus. This will also be our opportunity to work on some neglected series.
- We hope to step up our game on oneshots and release more extraordinary traditional shoujo and boundary challenging shoujos.
- I don’t anticipate us adding any potentially never-ending shoujo series in 2016
- In terms of oneshots, I already have a few train-wreck oneshots and oneshots with sexual tension planned. I’m a bit concerned about Halloween since we pretty much exhausted our supply of shoujo horror this year. Last year, not much new shoujo horror was released, so I don’t know what’s going to happen in October. I’m crossing my fingers for another Horror Ciao and/or another a 2016 Kuro Lala.
- There will be minimal focus on josei, though we will be doing a lot of shoujo for women stories.
- Staffing wise, I would like to bring in another translator, two more redraw artists, and one more letterer. If you are interested in joining The Crimson Flower, please see our recruitment post (HERE).
I’m looking forward to another great year of shoujo at Crimson Flower. If you have any input or suggestions for 2016, please leave them in the comments section. Please keep in mind that we are primarily a short-series shoujo group, so please redirect any violent, sexually explicit, moe, and long-form manga suggestions to groups that specialize in that content.
Happy New Year, everyone!!!
2 thoughts on “Looking Forward to 2016 at Crimson Flower”
Happy new year! I look forward to another year with you guys. Thank you for everything!
Great plans guys, I’ll look forward to next year with you!
You are awesome rock stars!